Contacting Bouygtel

Help! I've had a french mobile for about 3 years now and most days I text my cousin in England. I'm Bougytel she's Orange. About a month ago I found that I was not receiving her texts  but she was still receiving mine. Wierd. Phone calls are fine. Voice messages fine. I can exchange text messages with other Orange users in UK. Orange say its not their fault and I must contact Bougytel. I can't find a telephone number for Bougytel and when I go on the website.....impossible to find a way of contacting them re my problem. I just want to talk to someone on the phone!!!!!! Can any kind teccy person out there PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! Waiting with fingers crossed...Tazara

I assume she’s on Orange UK? Their technical support (via Customer Services) should be able to trace the progress of her text messages – they should be able to tell her what time her message was sent from her handset, when it was forwarded to Bougytel and what time it was confirmed as delivered to your handset by Bougytel to Orange.

Has the reception got worse in your area in the last month? Or have you moved?

A couple of things she could try….. (1) Set “Message validity” to maximum time (this is in the text message settings menu. (2) She could request a “Delivery Report” for messages sent to you – this is an automatic message back from Orange to confirm the text has been delivered to your handset. To do this she should prefix her message with Rct (then a space and the message as usual). I think Orange charge 1p for delivery reports (the other networks are free!). This would alert her / you to a message that has not been delivered and she / you could then take it up with your networks.