Internet access providers

Can anyone recommend a cheap internet provider in France? I installed the wanadoo software into my mac, but it created all sorts of old files that messed the system up. All I need is a telephone number, account name and password and I can then put all the rest in myself. In the UK I can register with a number of providers online; are there any French ISPs who offer a similar service?

Also - the best place to buy a modem to telephone socket cable, or UK to France adaptor?

>Can anyone recommend a cheap internet
>provider in France? I installed
>the wanadoo software into my
>mac, but it created all
>sorts of old files that
>messed the system up.

And you certainly aren't the first person this has happened to. There are several free ISP's in France, where you can sign up on line without the need to load any CD software. Libertysurf and free are two examples.

Have a look at this site which gives up to date comparisons of currently available deals. http://www.lesproviders.com/

Free telecom are currently offering 50 hours of inclusive internet access for 98FF a month, a pretty good deal for France.

>Also - the best place to
>buy a modem to telephone
>socket cable,

These are freely availbale from DIY stores and large supermarket chains such as Hyper U or Carrefour, around 35FF.

Paul