Termites northern france

Has anyone experienced the dreaded termite in normandy or brittany?
we have been looking around la rochelle,but the houses we have looked at have had, or are at present infested with termites.
we are so worried about them that we are looking north.
has anyone had experience of them in northern france?

>Has anyone experienced the dreaded termite
>in normandy or brittany?
>we have been looking around la
>rochelle,but the houses we have
>looked at have had, or
>are at present infested with
>termites.
>we are so worried about them
>that we are looking north.
>
>has anyone had experience of them
>in northern france?

Although I have had no direct experience with them or have heard of any cases here in Mayenne, our local Mairies all have very large posters up warning about the risks and the need to delare them if found. When I see our Maire next, I will ask what the extent of the risk is here. Recent weather changes over the last year or so would certainly favour their development.

Paul

Hi,

Somewhere in a copy of our property deeds, it states that we are in a Termite free area ( Morbihan ) as it never occured to us to check this out at the time, we were quite relieved.
As the house consists of beams beams and even more beams, and we have just sandblasted all the old paint and rubbish off, to inspect them for woodworm, before they are waxed perhaps it may be worth treating them for termites as a precaution.
What do you think Bill ?

J & M

I think they must be in Normandy since I often see a van parked near The Auberge du Moulin at Brouains with "Normandie Termites" emblazoned across the side. I just hope it is a generic/franchise something like Rentokil here (unlikely I know).

Valerie