Cable TV

>Has anyone any experience of French
>cable T.V?
>What channels are available,

French cable is pretty useless unless you want the internet access that it sometimes offers.

There are very few non-French channels.

Just get a Sky digibox and a free or pay card if you want UK channels.

The cheapest way is to get a Sky Digibox installed for 99.99,do not subscribe to Sky just get a free to air card from the BBC, ship the box over to France, get your local installer to fit a dish and connect up and away you go. When you return to UK just bring the box back with you. With the free to air card you will get most channels you want except the Sky ones, although you can get Sky One, but you will not be able to get ITV.
Chris Poor

I actually run a small company that can both supply and install Sky digital for you.

Installations are available across all regions of France and, at a very competitive price. They are only carried out by experienced Sky trained engineers using equipment that has been specifically approved by Sky in order to ensure a long and trouble free life for your system.

At the moment, over 70 subscription free UK Digital television and radio channels become available on installation - and without a viewing card - including Sky News, Travel, Shopping, TCM, and BBC Radios 1/4 etc. To obtain BBC television programmes and/or in order to subscribe to Sky, you will need to obtain a card which is easily available and supplied free to a UK postal address on application.

I have produced a free and comprehensive 20 page information pack which I can email back to you from [email protected]

I have successfully 'exported' Sky TV to the Midi and followed the advice given on www.angelfire.com which I picked up from the "Television and Satellite" another of the topics.

For info it appears that the TV seller advises the relevant authorities that a TV has been bought and they send you a bill for the 'Redevance' ie license fee. If you return to uk before receiving this it's worthwhile, I believe writing to the authority requesting the bill. I don't particularly want my cables chopped after just having them installed! I am also using the french terrestial channels. There are french cable channels but mostly continental.

Cheers Dave