The Humax PVR-9300T appears to be a Freeview receiver/recorder, rather than a freesat one. It should work in France, but will receive the French TNT digital terrestrial stations rather than Freeview.

If you want a recorder to use with a satellite dish, then you need the Humax Foxsat HDR (freesat) or Sky plus.

Hi Tim thanks for your response. I have been trying all afternoon to install the machine with no success. When I scroll to the "system " it shows no signal being received. I am using a sky freeview box and trying to install the PVR through that. Bought it from Amazon and when I went back and looked at the customer reviews two reviewers said they had been unable to install through Sky freeview box.

Like some others - you're getting confused between freeview and freesat.

Freeview is the terrestrial TV system that transmiited to the UK - French equilavent of TNT.

freesat is the satellite system that uses the same satellites as Sky do.

It would seem that the box you've bought is Freeview.

This, when connected to a suitable antenna will receive the French TNT channels.

Regards - Tim

Thanks for the information. I really should have done my homework before I ordered. I should have known better. Buy in haste and all that stuff.........

Fortunately, it looks like Amazon will take it back and then I will order the right  one.

Thanks for you help, so swiftly delivered.