On Orange unlimited international calls

is that right, I have read it properly that to all US mobiles, it is also free?

I've made several calls across the pond without realising it was a mobile I was calling til my friend told me last night, which kind of horrified me at first, but it seems that calls to mobiles there come under the unlimited calls plan for the extra €7 a month.

I checked my call history and there has been no cost attributed to these calls, but I am amazed that they are free.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Does that mean my friend will have been paying for the calls then?[/quote]

Sort of, BUT the bit that he is paying for is essentially the "last link" in the chain (from the US landline network to his mobile): ie he doesn't pay any more for receiving your call than he pays for receiving any other call. The main bit from your phone to the US is in your "free call" charges.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="Quillan"]

Would that be the same for Canada as you get free calls to them as well.

Also, are you talking local rate landline call tarrif?

[/quote]

I think it is the same for Canada.

I have no idea about the second question. She just gave me her number and I rang it. It worked and showed zero cost on my orange account.

[quote user="Punch"]Are you sure that you are not being charged for the mobile calls to The US ?

With the 7 euros a month offer from Orange you get free land line calls to countries in Europe and America Canada etc, and 1 hour of free calls to mobiles in France only.

Here is a link to the offer http://assistance.orange.fr/1869.php?dub=1

[/quote]

If you follow the link from the page that you give above to the tarif pages, you will see that mobiles and landlines in the US and Canada are treated as being the same, hence calls to US and Canadian mobiles are included in your international land line calls.

Regards

Pickles 

My friend has checked her cell phone account and it has eaten many of the minutes she gets in her monthly allowance.

So you're right pickles (as if you didn't already know that), free to the US and the receiver picks up the rest of the tarrif.

Am glad I asked the question now.

Also texts are ridiculous. 28 cents for me to send and 50 cents for her to receive. Logical? Think not.