how do you load download a cd onto laptop?

hi experts,

I was given a Canon Powershot A480 camera for Xmas and it came with 2 disc's.

I know little about computers but managed to put a solution disc in and it automatically downloaded onto my windowsXP laptop and I can download photos. It is not as friendly as my 10 year old Nikon Coolpix775 but I will just have to get used to it.

Now a second disc called a solution discv40.0 was put into my machine but will not download automatically.Since camera  manual is only 34 pages and there must be a wealth of other info.on the second disc--- can someone advise.....very simply what I need to do.????

I am very new to computers and at 72 years of age wonder how I got so far without one.!!!!!!!!!!

Second problem is that I alas  cannot unload a disc that came with an Mitsubishi XD221U  projecter for our local garden club.,so again .,please help.[8-)][8-)]

For the most part you don't actually need any of the software you get with digital cameras, they just plug in to a USB socket and then show up as a new drive in Windows Explorer just as your old Coolpix will have done.

The second CD may just contain documentation and if so it won't actually do anything, you would have to look at it in Windows Explorer.

To 'unload' software first see if there is an Uninstall option in the Start menu. If not then go to the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and unistall it from there.

Sometimes there is an uninstall option on the source CD where if you try to install the software again it gives you the option to remove it instead.