Another Neufbox Question

[quote user="Lehaut"]

If I understand your previous statement "For a 2Mb package we are getting 2.4Mb of download and 323Kb of upload" and when you looked last night the upload showed 270kb being used (if I understand it correctly), something is using 83% of your available upload and would provoke a degredation.

DId you try the phone call with all the computer off or disconnected from the SFR box?[/quote]

Mmmmmmm - now you're confusing me (I know - not that hard to do). I assumed that the amount showing at the top of the slider was the amount available. So from a possible 323kb available for upload I had 270kb available - if you follow me. I say this as the green band which climbs and falls depending on usage hardly appeared last night, and in fact is not even showing right now.

Or have I misunderstood - again [8-)][:$][8-)]

[quote user="AnOther"]FWIW last night I was downloading something which, according to my (accurate) activity monitor, was maxing out my 1mb connection whilst at the time OH was on the VoIP phone to her friend in Spain with no problems.

This is a common situation for here.[/quote]

I understand AnOther but I watched the sliders and they appeared to indicate that while there we a few computers running we were not even close to using up or maxing out our available bandwidth. Its just a wee bit weird.

In that case, you need to talk to the Service people.  In the link to the forum I posted before,  there were a couple of things to try before hand (not pluging the box into a multi socket, removing the condenser from the telephone connection box etc.).  In the case quoted, the service people made an adjustement at the exchange and that cleared the problem.

In my case when we first connected to NEUF with a low upload like yours,  we were incapable of using the internet and the phone at the same time.  NEUF eventually (after 6 mths and threatened legal action) increased our upload speed and that resolved the problem.

Its worth persevering, I got the service they advertised in the end!