Livebox VOIP internet phone suddenly not working.

I've been with Orange for approx a year now. Always used the VOIP orang phone for outging calls. But this just stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

Since then, we were away and so closed the house up for a week and turned all power off. I fully expected it to be working again (as internet usually does after a short 'rest' of this nature!)

Anyway, there is no telephone light lit on the livebox and the phone just gives me an engaged signal.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Hello

Yes used to happen to me quite often, you need to either ring France telecom/Orange or login to your livebox and reauthenticate   If you know how to login into your livebox you will see a list of options, one being VOIP which will show inactive, if you click on activate it takes you to the orange site where you will be asked to login to your orange account, this always cleared it for me. 

Panda

So glad it worked!  I was never one of the LiveBox hating brigrade, I came to love my life line to the world but did get used to having to do this every now and then!!  It's a samll price ot pay for good speeds in very rural france.

[quote user="AnOther"]I used to have to reboot my Livebox 2 ... but I've now put it on a timer so that it cycles the power overnight since when I've not had a problem. [/quote]

As I am considering changing my abonnement with Orange to include voip calls your post interests me. But I really do not understand what you have said. The words are fine but the meaning escapes me ...

Could you enlighten me?

Sue

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="AnOther"]I used to have to reboot my Livebox 2 ... but I've now put it on a timer so that it cycles the power overnight since when I've not had a problem. [/quote]

As I am considering changing my abonnement with Orange to include voip calls your post interests me. But I really do not understand what you have said. The words are fine but the meaning escapes me ...

Could you enlighten me?

Sue

[/quote]

Sue. All the info is in this thread really .

BUT ........

VERY IMPORTANT....

I spoke to the orange english-speaking service today and they informed me that FROM TOMORROW, there's a new deal for all-inclusive landline, livebox phone with free European calls and 8MB broadband for 37 euros per month.

I'm signing up for it first thing tomorrow. It saves me 16 euros per month. - and I get a better package and line-speed.

[quote user="Howie"][quote user="suein56"][quote user="AnOther"]I used to have to reboot my Livebox 2 ... but I've now put it on a timer so that it cycles the power overnight since when I've not had a problem. [/quote]

Could you enlighten me?

Sue

[/quote]

Sue. All the info is in this thread really .[/quote]

No it isn't; I have a Livebox and understand it very well but the words I do not understand are : but I've now put it on a timer so that it cycles the power overnight

since when I've not had a problem.

Sue

Nothing too complicated sue.

From time to time every few days or so the VoIP through the Livebox seemed to stop working although the Internet was fine. Usually the first we knew of was when we wanted to make a call only to find an engaged tone.

The remedy was/is to reboot the Livebox so I decided to prempt the problem by having the router power down and back up overnight since when I have had very few problems with the VoIP and consequently had to do very few unplanned reboots to get it back.

[quote user="AnOther"]

From time to time every few days or so the VoIP through the Livebox seemed to stop working although the Internet was fine.

The remedy was/is to reboot the Livebox so I decided to prempt the problem by having the router power down and back up overnight since when I have had very few problems with the VoIP and consequently had to do very few unplanned reboots to get it back.[/quote]

Thank you - all clear now.

Sue [:)]

[quote user="AnOther"]Nothing too complicated sue.

From time to time every few days or so the VoIP through the Livebox seemed to stop working although the Internet was fine. Usually the first we knew of was when we wanted to make a call only to find an engaged tone.

The remedy was/is to reboot the Livebox so I decided to prempt the problem by having the router power down and back up overnight since when I have had very few problems with the VoIP and consequently had to do very few unplanned reboots to get it back.

[/quote]

I have to say I have never experienced this problem other than when the box didn't restart properly after power problems caused by EDF.

• 1 month later...
I have a similar problem with no VOIP telephone. I have been through the reboot/factory reset recommendations but I cannot re-instate the telephone because I cannot see anything other than the headers when I access http://192.168.1.1.

Has anyone had a similar problem? (I have rebooted and reinstalled several times). Is there a download option for updating the firmware on the Livebox? I have a Livebox Mini.

Regards

john macdonald