Saving emails when changing internet supplier

Hi

I shall soon be moving to France from the uk. My internet supplier in the uk is BTopenworld. Sorry to be dull, but presumably when I stop my BT openworld internet I shall no longer have access to the emails that I had with my BTopenworld email address.

I have many emails that I want to save, and should have to do so as a bulk operation as there are too many to copy individually. Can anyone tell me please, in very simple terms, how I save emails to my computer or a disk or stick or external hard drive so that I can access them once my BT email account has been closed?

Very grateful for any info received.

Kind regards

Loire

I assume you are now accessing your mail via webmail. If you use a (any) email program on your own computer it will be able to download all your email. Howtodo that depends on what email program you have (outlook, outlook express, thunderbird, eudora, pegasus mail....) and is described in its own manual.

I think the BT settings you need are:

• The POP3 server (incoming mail) is mail.btinternet.com
  • The SMTP server (outgoing mail) is also mail.btinternet.com
  • Both need your BT Yahoo! email address and password;

you will have to tell your e-mail program that the SMTP server requires

authentication.
  • The SMTP server can use either port 25 or port 587.

[quote user="Loire"]Hi

I shall soon be moving to France from the uk. My internet supplier in the uk is BTopenworld. Sorry to be dull, but presumably when I stop my BT openworld internet I shall no longer have access to the emails that I had with my BTopenworld email address.

I have many emails that I want to save, and should have to do so as a bulk operation as there are too many to copy individually. Can anyone tell me please, in very simple terms, how I save emails to my computer or a disk or stick or external hard drive so that I can access them once my BT email account has been closed?

Very grateful for any info received.

Kind regards

Loire[/quote]

alternativvely if you want to store them online rather than on a computer you could open a hotmail account and set it to pick up your emails from your old account (not too hard, look under 'options' and take it from there), It will put a copy of everything that is currently in your old BT inbox into your hotmail inbox. Tho it might take a while if there are a lot ...