Bonus when changing Orange ADSL formula

A bit complicated this thread§§

What do you mean by the phone line is SUSPENDED at Chateau 24?

The fact that the phone connected to the line does not have a dialling tone may not mean that the line is suspended. If SFR have already got FT to activate the DSLAM in the local exchange, the line would no longer work as a normal phone line. But it would be waiting for activation by SFR and installation of the SFR Box.

Any chance of getting back to the english speaking girl at SFR, she would be able to confirm the current status of the line at C 24 and if there have been any problems in the transfer of the SFR ADSL contract due perhaps to the extension of the Phonexpat contract nominally running to the end of February. A call to Phonexpat to get their side ofv the story and also FT might help clarify the matter.

Not much doubt for me, the February Phonexpat extension, was the dark gentleman in the wood pile. Good Luck! 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, as ever, Pacha, for your interest and advice.

It is as you have explained.  Had an email this morning from SFR, line has been activated since 3 feb but, of course, I didn't know until the washing machine delivery man complained that my phone didn't work!

Strange that this phone in C17 still works, however!

Now I need to get back to the other chateau, taking my neuf box and installation discs, etc and activate the phone there.  After that, hurray, I shall be leading a "normal" life again, being able to chat to friends, make appointments in the comfort of my own dining-room, come and argue with people on the Forum.

Pacha, you are a rock in all my trials and tribulations and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

[quote user="WJT"]

Does anyone know if the TV packages offered with broadband work with a Sky satellite dish? We aren't eligible for a fibre optic line.

It is very coincidental because I just asked the question on another forum. I am in the process now of trying to decide which provider to go with, after reading this thread I am even more confused. One worry I have is if not with Orange/France Telecom, is it more problematic if something goes wrong with the actual line?

It looks like it would be between Orange, SFR and Free, but I am not sure what the differences are. [8-)]

[/quote]

I have Orange and the dish points in a different direction to my Sky dish and the LNB is 'straight down' as opposed to the angle my Sky one is.

I don't think it's so much to do with Fibre Optic as just plain old speed, it needs to be pretty fast, above 5mb I seem to remember. The best way is to use http://www.degrouptest.com/ which will tell you what is offered by each supplier for your phone line including the speed.

As too line failure, well if it does it will be FT or one of their agents that fixes it. Being that Orange and FT are one and the same guess who gets priority. You also get a dedicated English language sales and helpline with Orange if you don't think your French is up to it.