But Mac's don't get viruses and malware can't be installed in background mode without a user password. [;-)] Well that certainly explodes all those myth's and it seems Apple are struggling to catch up with the amount of malware and virus's currently around on the web for Apples. Seems I was right after all, if you have a make you are not safe from these nastiest so install AV software.

Did you happen to see the Microsoft video of Windows 8, from my very limited and short experience of the IPad W8 seems a lot nicer but as one guy said it's not a new product just W7 with a different GUI on the front. I was rather expecting something a bit more spectacular.

[quote user="Quillan"]

But Mac's don't get viruses and malware can't be installed in background mode without a user password. [;-)] Well that certainly explodes all those myth's and it seems Apple are struggling to catch up with the amount of malware and virus's currently around on the web for Apples. Seems I was right after all, if you have a make you are not safe from these nastiest so install AV software.

[/quote]

Mac attackers of the world unite. [:D]

I find this quite funny and should say, for the record that ALL computers can get attacked, period.

Its just that Windows systems currently get attacked far more. (undisputed fact)

It has always been on the 'cards' that as Apple products become more and more popular then so does the interest of these hackers and low-life.

Anyway, it is fairly well known that Mac-knockers are only really in envy of Mac-owners. [Www][:P]

[quote user="Bugsy"][quote user="Quillan"]

[/quote]

Mac attackers of the world unite. [:D]

I find this quite funny and should say, for the record that ALL computers can get attacked, period.

Its just that Windows systems currently get attacked far more. (undisputed fact)

It has always been on the 'cards' that as Apple products become more and more popular then so does the interest of these hackers and low-life.

Anyway, it is fairly well known that Mac-knockers are only really in envy of Mac-owners. [Www][:P]

[/quote]

Well actually I did always believe that because the Mac operating system was built round a 'Unix' core that when people said you needed to grant permission to install anything on a Mac that they were correct and so the installation of malware on a Mac would normally be down to gross incompetence of the user. I now have to eat those words as it appears these malware programs can get round the built in Mac security and install themselves without the user permission.

As the owner of a Mac, a Linux box, an Android tablet and a couple of versions of Windows I'm feel fairly free from bias.

What does annoy me is when an evangelist for any given hardware or OS starts saying that it is hugely better than any alternatives. Unfortunately I seem to see and hear this far more from Mac owners (some with no knowledge of other systems) than any others.