Orange - Full Package

Hi All

Been away for a while sorting things, but finally making the permanent move to France this Sunday. I've been trying with no luck to get hold of Orange (English speaking) to set up internet/TV and Phone. I googled to find they have a shop in Thonon which is close to us. We live in 74430. Anyone know if you can easily set up the package via the orange shop. Thinking of Livebox Star package (anyone have comments on this package?) Also any idea how long it takes to get set up and also if Orange for our area is any good. Lot of questions but want to get internet and phone asap, hard nowadays to survive without it. Many thanks

Yes, there should be no problem at all setting it up in the Orange shop, assuming that the line is eligible for ADSL.

This is a minimum 12 month subscription.

The Orange internet packages are the same price if you want TV or not. TV is by ADSL if your line is suitable and by satellite (on your own dish) if not.

If you want to keep (and pay 16 euros p/m for) your fixed FT line, the internet package is 5 euros cheaper.

It should all be up and running within 15 days, sometimes less.

No idea how it is for Orange in your area. The actual speed and quality of connection really depends more on the line quality than the provider.

Danny

[quote user="Alpinemist"]Also any idea how long it takes to get set up[/quote]

Very fast for me, ordered on a Wednesday afternoon delivered on Saturday morning and internet connected instantly - took a couple more days for the phone side to be fully activated but it was still usuable. Then when moving house some months later, new line installed within two days and the switchover was within hours. The Livebox Star package is pretty good too in my view.

Yes you can get a good package from Orange.

But if you can avoid it don't give them your bank details for prelevements. Say you prefer to pay online or by cheque.

Their accounts dept. is very unpredictable (in our experience.)