Boardband and TV

We have a house in the Limousin Dept, looking to get both boardband and tv installed. Could you please please advice whats the best way to go about this. No telephone in the house, but there is old telephone sockets. Thank you all for your help and advice.

Kind regards Patrick

If you're near enough to the exchange you can get broadband and TV easily enough. This also usually gives free phone calls to most of the world. If you're in a typical 'Brit out in the sticks' location it could be harder or more expensive. There's also the question of whether you are in a degrouped area. This means that you don't have to have a France Telecom (Orange) number and can just use your broadband connection to provide your phone, saving a fair bit. For TV you can get it as part of your broadband deal, depending on line speed, or via an ordinary aerial or a satellite dish. You'll need a sat dish if you want to pick up UK channels.

I'd start by talking to Orange first, because you'll need a physical land-line anyway and they'll be able to tell you about the feasibility of broadband. Other suppliers will probably be cheaper but  this will give you a benchmark. I believe they have an English-speaking helpline, but don't know the number.

Hi Patrick, A new internet satelite went live on the 1st June 2011,a friend of ours has installed it and it works very well + he uses Skype as his phone.Do a Google search for big dish satelite to learn more. If you have any problems let me know and I will search out their newsletter and email it to you.

[quote user="face42"]Hi Patrick, A new internet satelite went live on the 1st June 2011,a friend of ours has installed it and it works very well + he uses Skype as his phone.Do a Google search for big dish satelite to learn more. If you have any problems let me know and I will search out their newsletter and email it to you.[/quote]

@ € 14.95/GB [:D][:D]