Vodafone UK Tarif using UK phone minutes in France

I gave up looking for dual sim mobile phones after finding a UK tarif at Vodafone (called Passport) that allows use of UK minutes with no further charge (after a connection charge of 75p) allowing calls of up to an hour. My thoughts are that this is likely to be a saving over my existing O2 rates certainly the standing charge is much lower for much more minutes/texts/internet, though I've yet to see how it works in practice, I guess there might be a catch. Does anyone use this UK tarif in France?

I also decided to switch phones from Iphone after some software sync problems, (deleting photos and music) to the HTC Desire which looks pretty impressive.

[quote user="Théière"]  The google maps/navigation on android (HTC Desire) is very good,  [/quote]
I hope Théière, you are right, which means I may not need to update Tom Tom; talk about Big Brother though, on starting google maps it came up immediately with a list of options of every location I had used on my laptop[:-))] I just hope that it is not also consuming the internet allowance.

I think it would be very unfair of Google to spy on you AND make you pay for it [:)]

Don't forget you can get street view too so as you approach your destination it brings up a picture, cute but not absolutely necessary just something to show the Iphone users [:P]

• 5 months later...
(Sorry if this answer is a bit late to help you)

I use it at the moment in France and calling my wife's mobile while I'm in UK and she's in France (we've both got vodafone passport).

It works very well and there are no catches.

You can also opt in to use data roaming abroad at £2 per day or £10 per month.