Skype/Vista/Acers

I'm posting this as I am out of options!

I gave my other half my Acer Aspire 5715z, operating Vista, and Realtek audio, which has always worked fine, surprisingly considering the OS!

Anyway, OH has put SKYPE on it, to chat to friends in the UK or France, depending where we are, and the microphone is playing up.

We've tried all the obvious things, headset, seperate mic', reloading SKYPE, re-installing the sound drivers, been into every menu, control panel etc etc etc and as soon as she connects, it sounds to the recieving party, as if other half's laptop is getting feedback.

Lower the levels, and the audio sounds if it is breaking up.

Anyone encountered this, know what it is, or better still, anyone managed to cure it, and how!!!!???

The "feedback" (which it may not be, it just sounds like it), happens with the inbuilt mic', a plugged in one, a headset, any form of mic, and continues after unplugging.

The SKYPE help page is, sadly, next to useless.  Intrestingly, there's a lot of people suffering the same thing, but no solutions.

I tried on my own laptop yesterday, no problem at all, but my old Acer doesn't seem to like SKYPE at all.