PC motherboard problem

I've acquired a bare-bones pc with a Foxconn N15235 motherboard which needs drivers and - predictably - the Foxconn website doesn't list that model any longer for support.

Is it possible to discover the chipset details/version from the software

anywhere when running XP (or some ext programme) or is it only possible by

examination of the motherboard itself?

(Don't you just love the word 'acquired' ? Always seems to carry faint overtones of something vaguely underhand !)

p

Try Googling "foxconn n15235 motherboard drivers xp".

A quick look seems to indicate that the only one you will have 'trouble' with is the sound card (using Windows XP) but you should be able to find a driver via Google. Most f these boards use known chipsets for sound, Ethernet, video etc although which chipsets they use I do not know.

Thanks.  After hours of downloading and pressing DVDs of varioua drivers onto the reluctant beast (in much the manner of trying to get a toddler to eat vegetables) I've finally got the on-board sound to work (thank you Realtek!) but the network driver still remain a foreign land. I'm awaiting a delivery of a new wireless card which will, at least, come with its own drivers cd, so I might eventually manage to actually drag the damned thing into the 21st century!

We'll see.