Whilst checking the times of this evenings transmission, I logged onto a site giving the text of the programme.

Windows Defender immediately flagged infection by the Trojan Reveton.

I was impressed by the efficient elimination which included upload of incriminating files to Microsoft.

It is of interest that Windows 8 is the FIRST to include Windows Defender as the resident virus and malware protection; unlike earlier Windows systems in which the use was OPTIONAL, Windows 8 includes the definition updates in real time.

I Wonder how many people suffered infection due to their protection not being kept up to date whilst they unwittingly keeping the Windows optional update switched off.

The Reveton Trojan is one of the ransom ware variants.

Oh, Loops, you have disappointed me [:(]

I thought, from the title, you were talking about "Dinner for One" as in the German comedy sketch with the butler and the aristocratic lady.  OH likes to get the video out now and again and I still do laugh and wait for him to trip on the animal skin on the floor.....silly me!

This one has been round for about four months now, I must get about 5 or six emails a day with this either as an attachment or as a link to a website (normally about loosing weight and allegedly from famous female film stars, yea like Cameron Diaz is going to email me). Fortunately I use MailWasher which catches them before they get anywhere near my PC. I also never open any emails that I don't know where they are from. I never follow things like bank or PayPal links in emails unless they have my actual name on them and of course I keep everything up to date.

I seem to remember that one person on the forum at least said something along the lines that they never run Microsoft updates but wait till they either have a problem or a service pack comes out.

Seems incredible but the sketch will get 19 broadcasts today on german TV, so a topical item to catch someone with a Trojan.

http://www.tvtoday.de/programm/?format=search&searchIn=titel&exactSearch=1&slotIndex=all&date=all&channel=all&genre=U&search=Dinner%20for%20One

On ARD 1 at moment watching the traditional New Year's Eve Concert with Sir Simon in charge, Cecilia in full flight, wnen it finishes it is followed by the traddy Dinner Date.

Aside, if anyone likes Pop Concerts then 3Sat are doing 24 hours of continuous gigs; finishing in time for breakfast on tuesday!

All in Dolby Digital.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Oh, Loops, you have disappointed me [:(]

I thought, from the title, you were talking about "Dinner for One" as in the German comedy sketch with the butler and the aristocratic lady.  OH likes to get the video out now and again and I still do laugh and wait for him to trip on the animal skin on the floor.....silly me!

[/quote]Brings back memories of Swedish New Years Eve in the 80s when this was shown every year just before midnight. It starred Freddy 'Parrot Face' Davis if memory serves me right.