Orange answerphone problem.

My neighbour has a problem that she has asked for my help over. Her husband died on Christmas day and obviously she was devistated. The problem is that her husband has an anouncement on the answer phone. At first she didn't want it removed. She still wanted to hear his voice, but now it has become too painful.

I went round this afternoon to see about removing it for her, but after a while I realised that the model of phone she has does not have and answerphone. The message is somewhere on the Orange system? I have not come across this before.

I tried to link my MacBook to the old type Sagem Livebox but I couldn't find the pairing button, or correction, now I'm back home, downloaded,  and had a look at the PDF for the box I realise that I didn't hold it down for more than 5 seconds [:-))][:-))] When I realised that the message is somewhere 'out there' I tried phoning the Orange English help line, but with my luck it had just gone 5, when they shut. So tomorrow morning I will go back and try to find where the message is hiding?

But in the mean time, has anyone any ideas as to how I can get to the message pretty please?

Just to add to the interest she does not speak a single word of English, she speaks quite fast and with a good Langadoc accent [blink] [blink]

Quick update.

I went round to my neighbours this morning and still couldn't get my MacBook to pair with the Livebox and not even get the pairing light on the LB to flash! Called the English Help Line and once again the guy was  star. He said that the LB was not working properly and authorised the change. She went into Carcassonne and changed it this lunch time and I went back this afternoon to install it and sort the answerphone.

It did its own auto install, impressed was I.. And I paired my Mac with it. Then came the fun because when I tried to sign into this forum it told me first that either my e-mail address or password were wrong. So I took the option of saying I forgotten my password. Then it didn't recognise my e-mail address!!!!!!!!

Back to plan 'B' and phoned the Help Line again and he talked me through the setup and the message has now been changed to the standard Orange announcement.

As the old saying goes. "Nothing will suceed like a budgie without a beak"[8-)][:-))]

Ta again Anton!

Good news - however, be prepared for a charge for calling the English line - last year I had to call them. I was kept hanging on for nearly 15mins. only to be told to call back the following day because the office was closed!! For this I was charged nearly 10 euros. Still over night the problem cleared itself.

[quote user="JeanS"]Good news - however, be prepared for a charge for calling the English line - last year I had to call them. I was kept hanging on for nearly 15mins. only to be told to call back the following day because the office was closed!! For this I was charged nearly 10 euros. Still over night the problem cleared itself.[/quote]

I don't understand, I have never been charged.