Hi all,

Oh dear here I am again! This morning I put the pc on (an old mac osx 10.4.11 2007 new hard drive 2011 when everything on it disappeared) only to find that half of my bookmarks on the bar have disappeared and going into the 'show all bookmarks' area these folders and contents have completely disappeared.

Does anyone know why this might have happened - is my pc about to give up the ghost yet again? I know I need a more up to date model but I don't want to fork out for a new one just yet and also I've then got to decide what to replace it with - another post in the future I think.

I'm no techno geek so if you have any instructions for me please instruct in the simplest of language (remember I couldn't find how to extend the length of the phone ring the other day)

As always thanks. Mrs KG

Mrs KG, I googled "disappearing bookmarks bar for iMac" and found this page

https://machicolate.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/how-to-show-hide-bookmarks-bar-in-safari-in-mac-osx

Sorry I can,t make it live.

It looks very easy. If you are using Safari as your browser you click View toolbar, and in the drop-down menu you should see "Show Bookmarks Bar". Just click on that.

Angela

I have Firefox and the same system works for me ie View - Toolbars  - Bookmarks Toolbar.

I've lost it a few times too and all I can think is that I tapped some key or other by accident which removed the toolbar.

Angela/PatF

Thanks for your replies and I have looked at the link but I haven't explained myself properly!

It's not the bar itself that has disappeared it's some of the folders containing the bookmarks on the bar ie my folders are News, Finance, Tax, Health, Shopping etc where I store the individual companies/info but some of the folders & contents have just disappeared.

When I go into the actual area that shows all of the folders & their contents they are not there either - it's bizarre.

Mrs KG