Losing TNT TV pictures

Yes if you have a marginal signal, mine does exactly that, it will get worse come April 1st as I reckon that like me you lose the HD channels first, April 1st all channels become HD [:(]

The day I discovered that and was looking to see if I could swing my antenne from Amiens to Arras I heard a chainsaw, the tall conifers 200m away that caused my signal loss in rain and snow were being lopped and for the moment I dont lose any channels any more, but come April 1st I may need to move the rateau, the crappy French TNT site defaulted me to Amiens whereas Arras gives me a much stronger signal.

We are on the point of changing our haunted fish tank in readiness for the Poisson d'avril change over. But our 'rateau' won't have to change at all, I hope.

We too loose our signal for our Sky box in very bad weather, but that's normal here. I think the only way around that would be to 'obtain' a dish from Goonhilly Down one dark night [:-))] But I don't think that SWMBO would approve?

I forgot to say that all of our French TV is via the rateau.

It sounds as though you have a problem with your satellite for TNT if the dish is properly sized. It could be one of many things, e.g. dish slightly mis-aligned, dodgy LNB, poor connections, or cable.

I'd try the easiest first and try reconnecting all the cable connectors. Then I'd have a look at the LNB and make sure the end cap isn't cracked (mine seem to fail after about ten years or so) and try re-aligning the dish.

Thanks, guys, I'll slowly get to it after the move, I guess, though as a second home this doesnt get so much use in the winter - indeed, I may be the first person to have stayed so long during the cold time.

The original kit is elderly so I wonder if the dish needs a tweak.

There is also a tree which could just be getting in the way - it was a mere sapling when the TV was installed.

Next thing to do will be to get set up in the new house; not sure if there will already be dishes left there or whether it will be a matter of starting from scratch. Will have an idea on 23rd of Feb.