Using a Free mobile on holidaze?

We are going off to Malta later this month and I am trying to find out if I have,  or need, roaming to use my phone there? We went last May and I can't  remember what the situation was then?

Will I have to get roaming or is it part of the package? We are using the Free 2€ package.

John,

You need to log in to your 'espace abonné' free mobile and activate the service to use it abroad.

Go to 'options', click on 'Gérér'

Scroll down to 'Option voyage' and 'Option internationale' and click on 'Activer'

You will need to pay 10 euros by card to do this but this is just credit which will be used for the next 5 monthly payments.

As long as you have both services activated, you should be able to make and receive call and texts.

Remember that it will cost you to receive as well as make calls/send texts but it is pretty reasonable if you are careful.

Danny

Ta Danny. I will have a look at that a bit later as we have to brave the downpour and go fetch my sis-in-law from the airport.

I am thinking about putting her on the return flight for bringing this rain with her!!!

And the roaming in most countries is now dirt cheap with Free, in the UK it cost me 30% less to phone a UK landline or mobile using my Free sim card than to use the Tesco Payg that I chose as the cheapest, it is now effectively redundant.

It only costs 5.7cts per minute to ring France, ligne fixe or mobile from the UK.

I have had a look and following you instructions to the chapter, or should that be word or book or sumfin? I have noted that all was already set for roaming from last year.

I have decided that youth is wasted on the young and that old age comes at a very inconvenient time [8-)]

Ta for the info..