Can anyone help with the name of a satellite installer who has specically installed a Sky Q LNB in the Cote D’Or or Saone et Loire areas please ( 21 and 71). The chap I asked to do my installation can’t seem to work out how to fix the LNB to the satellite and not having TV is driving us nuts ( we don’t have French tv either because we are still in the 10 day cooling off period with Orange). I’m prepared to pay someone to travel if it means I get the job done. Any help gratefully received!

Sorry cant help with an installers name but it does seem strange that your person can't do it.

Hopefully somebody or perhaps local yellow pages will come up with a solution.

You may well have already committed to sky Q but if not then just a thought. Could it be possible to go for a Now box (or perhaps an app if you have a smart TV. Don't know if its available in France but it does have some advantages over a standard sky offering

My understanding is that

1 its sky without the contract - you pay for what you use...

2 it comes via the internet.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than me can explain if its possible or not in France.

Just an aside. This christmas we moved to freeview in both UK and France and have BT internet and sport also in the UK. Lots cheaper than the sky package in the UK and orange in France. So far we have resisted buying sky time - only real temptation was when local team was on sky and we went to the local pub to watch - pretty good atmosphere there and cost (in booze for me and youngest son) as much as the days sky subscription.

Anyway - perhaps someone will soon enlighten us.