Montebourg Cat Refuge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Monika"]

I am so pleased that the cat refuge is getting so much help. I have sent a cheque and I will keep sending donations. A artist friend of mine who is famous for her animal portraits has painted a picture in pastel of a cat, it is beautiful, I am going to raffle it amongst my friends (I don't think I could raffle it in public due to charity status!) and all the proceeds will go to the Montebourg Cat Refuge.

Of course we have our very own problem on our doorstep @ our holiday house in France: 1 very hungry mother cat and 6 even more hungry kittens. We are only there every 6 weeks or so and then we feed them up again and leave food with our neighbour who is not very enthusiastic about the cats. Hopefully I have had some success in placing some, but I have not heard back from the people who have inquired about a possible home for them. With winter coming I don't know what will happen to them. I feel very much like leaving my husband to his own devices here in England and move to France for good to look after "Twiglet" and children and adopt lots more cats!!

[/quote]

Thanks for your support Monika - good luck with your "un-raffle".  Coming to live in France permanently sounds like an excellent idea[:-))]  How would hubby manage the CSA though?  The Cat Support Agency[:P]

Good luck with finding homes for the kitties - not an easy task!  Let us know how you get on with raising donations.  You wouldn't like to do it for your area in general would you?[blink]

Apparently there is going to be a Big Fun Day in Vire (50) on the 4th November.  We are looking at the idea of having a stall.  How many of you would be able to donate some books or other knick-knacks that would go down well with the general public?  I was thinking that we could have an English Cakes section too with donated home-made cakes?  Any budding Delia's out there who can bake us a cake?  Anyone willing to help on the day?

Any other suggestions......................................?[:D]

Thought I would post this from the other site - just for your info.

Thank you everyone who came today.

Roger came up from Thury Harcourt way with over a hundred quid's worth of food, brand new blankets - all sorts - all that he & his wife have bought themselves - took 2 kittens (the last of the ones from due to be poisoned) plus another 12 week old that was born with a funny ear and gave us 50 Euros. Black cabbie with a heart the size of a bucket - BIG thank you!

Then Mike & Pat came - Flapjack (the kitten featured in the name a kitten competition), just flung herself at Mike and wouldn't leave his side - so guess where Flapjack is tonight... by a fireside. Mike & Pat will be opening up a Book Depot for us very shortly to help raise funds... so watch for announcements. Pat in tears when she saw the injured Cherbourg cat... sorry you got upset... I too shed a lot of tears at times!!

Lynn & Hamm came looking for 1 kittens but took 2... naturally! How could you only take one and leave the very last one on it's own!! So that is all the Brettville kittens (cats to be poisoned) all rehomed... which is fantastic.

The Royal Canin chap that looks after this area came and was able to do a deal for food for 1st time in months... so after a bill of 636 Euros and all the contributions that arrived today we reckon we have enough food now to last us 6 - possibly 8 weeks.

We have been contacted by Polly in Domfront who is happy to be a collection point her shop, Le Favourite - open Thursday & Fridays... our range of cards will be there too once back from printers.

Diesel the little cat that came in reaking of diesel also went to new home during the week.

So at SEVEN cats rehomed in the last few days - absolutely superb!

So if we can get some more 10 Euro a month sponsors (we've had pledges from 12 people this week) a couple of corporate sponsors and the newly made over pens running as a holiday cattery the refuge will start to look a different place.

We know that Kim has organised a big donation and is enroute to us.

Please keep us in mind... in the meantime a VERY BIG THANK YOU!

Tansy Forster Vice President
Le Chat Mon Ami

Montebourg Cat Refuge
Les Trois Maisons
50310 MONTEBOURG

Postal address
5 Village de l'Eglise
50480 HOUESVILLE

L'Association No 0502005556 Le Sous-Prefet de Cherbourg

[:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)]