HEART BREAKING

Dearest one and all. Please can you help me find a home for Joy (named Joy in the hope that one day he will find some!). Thinking about Joy breaks my heart because he's really had such a sad life. At 6 years old he was rescued from the evil hands of spanish gypsies. He had been beaten and starved and had suffered terrible abuse. Joy had been used for ratting and to make him look like a pig he had had his nose mutilated. Although he his much happier now that he is in foster care he so desperately deserves a forever home. However, Joy doesn't come unscarred - physically or mentally. Domination has played such a large part in his life that he can't live with other 'dominant' animals especially dogs. He's currently living with 5 other dogs with no problems but all of those dogs are of a submissive nature yet when he met Hugo (my dog) it was instant trouble as Hugo thinks he's top dog.

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/marmitesock/Joy1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/marmitesock/Joy3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/marmitesock/Joy2.jpg[/IMG]

So, what does Joy need? Love, lots of attention, cuddles, walks and an enclosed garden to relax in. Do you have it in your heart to give this lovely boy a go?

(MICROCHIP NUMBER - 941000002517124)

Thanks Tricia

I could cry when I think about Joy. He really is a lovely dog and to think that those b******* could do that to him. It makes my blood boil. I know all of the abandoned  and abused dogs that pass through our lives need homes but Joy is something different. He has left an aching in my heart knowing what he has suffered and I guess it's because there are physical scars to show for it brings it home all the more.

I'll not give up until he has found someone who will love and care for him forever so someone please come forward otherwise you'll have to listen to me go on and on and on and ......

Magnolia    WHEN  OH  WHEN will the civilized world step in and stop these barbarians from their sadistical attitude towards these poor defencesless dogs.  It sickens me to think that, as I look at my two dogs both rescue lying by the fire having just eaten their dinner, that somewhere today a dog has been tortured . You and all the people out there who are involved in the rescue of these lovely animals are doing such a good job especially when you know it is just the tip of an enormous iceberg.......Keep up the good work and I am sure someone out there will offer a loving home to this lovely little man.

I too am thoroughly disgusted at the horrible treatment of these poor dogs by the monsters who dare to call themelves "human beings", indeed, if they do this to animals what on earth to they do to their children?   Personally I would string-up anybody caught doing such things.

Again, all you lovely people out there with a bit of space in their home and heart,  pleaseeeeeeeeee lets find a caring new home for poor Joy that he will never suffer again and also all the others that are fortunate enough to escape from cruel Spain.

Surely we can muster-up a family out there???   [:D]

We had one looked just like that, he died of old age not that long ago.  He was found and taken to the fourrière of Chartres.  When I saw him and knowing these dogs from Spain, I wanted to rescue him.  When I asked they said they had traced the owner by the tattoo to the south west of France, but he wasn't bothering to come for him, so he was going to be put down.  This was before the law when associations could take dogs from fourrières, only their owners could.  So I wrote to the owner asking him to hand the dog over to me so that I was the legal owner, which he did and that is how I saved Hutch.  I later found out that the owner was now a sedentary "gens du voyage" and that there were "gens du voyage" at Chartres when Hutch had been found.

He was the most marvellous no trouble dog, content with very little, he didn't ask for much.  He was never, ever a bother to us.  As he got old he became blind and when we moved down here it was amazing how he quickly got used to his new surroundings.  He really was a lovely boy.

If you take on this dog, you will only have Joy, I cannot recommend them enough.  On top of it they are so graceful and beautiful.  They really deserve the status they are starting to have thanks to all the rescuers concerned about their welfare.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words of support.  

Originally, we were going to be fosterers for Joy but because of the instant problem between him and Hugo I just knew that we couldn't have him here. However, I was devastated because I knew that we would have kept him ourselves if he'd settled ok. I was so looking forward to having a cuddle up on the sofa with him and playing ball in the garden but it just wasn't to be. Even when he was here he just followed me around waiting for his next bit of affection. I'm not saying he's perfect but then what animal is? They all have their grumbles and very individual personalities but that's what makes them interesting. He has an awful lot to give and the rewards of helping him lead a 'normal' life will be immense. And remember, just because you choose to adopt Joy it doesn't mean that we leave your side. We're there all the way to help and support all you whenever you need it.

[quote user="Framboise"]

I too am thoroughly disgusted at the horrible treatment of these poor dogs by the monsters who dare to call themelves "human beings", indeed, if they do this to animals what on earth to they do to their children?   Personally I would string-up anybody caught doing such things.

[/quote]

It should not be assumed that people who do not treat their dogs the same way as British people do necessarily mistreat their children.