Two lovely young lost Dogs urgently need homes Deux-Sèvres

These two were found at the end of July, but not together, by someone in the Deux-Sèvres.  The only suggestion of the maire was of course to put them down!  She has kept them since, but cannot keep them much longer and will have them put down herself if a solution cannot be rapidly found.

They are both very young, about a year old.  They had no identity, but will be chipped and vaccinated if homes are found.

They are both very gentle sweet dogs.  The little Griffon is a male and the one with maybe some Border Collie is a female.  If you can help these poor dogs, please let me know.

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/DSC030111.jpg[/IMG]   

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/DSC030141.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/DSC030061.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/DSC030072.jpg[/IMG]

Christine - not been on here for a while.  I must be getting more soft in my old age (sic!) as I find all these stories so distressing.  I have just spent a few moments looking at a website called www.passionlevriers.com and wept buckets.  I would advise anyone of a sensitive nature not to read the story as told through the eyes of  one of the dogs

I cannot help these lovely dogs, yours or others, but do you hold a register of people who may be interested in re-homing a dog.  Sounds a daft question, as you probably have, but if not, how about starting one by using this forum, and other forums to ask the question "Dog adoption - is this the one for you?"  You could list all the places that have dogs available, SPA's, foster carers, rescue organisations, send out flyers, stick them under car windscreen wipers, advertise in French News, Connexion, local French papers, the local radio station.  Our local radio station interviewed the man from passionlevrier last Friday and some friends have already been to see the greyhounds in question and are hoping to take one at the end of the week.

The two dogs in the pictures above look so adorable, I'm sure they will soon find a loving and caring homes.

Jan

Thank you Jan.  It would be marvellous if there were enough people wanting to rehome a dog to be able to hold a register, but really good homes are few and far between.  I do put ads in the French News.  I would like to say that the homes I have found, through this forum and otherwise have been really good ones and it is encouraging to meet such nice and serious people who really care for their pets.

Now for the good news!  I had a call from a French family near us, sent by our vet, wanting to adopt a dog, shepherd size.  So I told them about Dora above and sent the photos.  They have been to see her and are offering her a home.  She is to be identified and vaccinated this week and they should be collecting her on Friday.

So, there is the little one left.  The British are known to like the scruffy little Griffon types, so come on someone for this poor little lad.

Oh my goodness, I love him, he is the image of my last adoption who is part griffon,  sadly though as it has taken a long time for my old spaniel now 13 to accept the female griffon I could not put him through it again. 

I would say to anyone though that she is by far and away the most loving, sweet dog I have ever owned and having now read up on the subject it is standard in a Griffons nature to be loyal and gentle, she has never shown aggression depsite being chased by my dog,  goats and cat on occasion. 

My next dog will be a Griffon x and I hope someone sees this and falls in love with those eyes! 

Christine/Suninfrance

Do you think there would be any interest in a funraising  social dog walk? (for animal aid/Phenoix)  Pedigree's, rescues, everybody welcome.

We could organize one in each dept interested?! Just an idea forming.  I would be happy run the first from our house in  the St Maxient area -dept 79.  We have lots of space to asemble and serve refreshments and  lots of woodland/lane walks for miles. Short and long routes.  True dog lovers walk in all weathers this could be a regular thing avoiding Sundays and Thursdays due to Chasse.   

It would be an active way of linking up and networking to help more dogs. Many of the dogs already rescued would love a day out like this!

Who's interested????????  Maybe something similar is already up and running and I dont know about it? If so let me know and I will join in!

Dear Christine

I have also sent this by pm so sorry if you get it twice !

If things are still looking bleak for this little griffon we would be willing to offer him a foster home for while & try to aid re homing him through advertising him via the hotel/restaurant. Obviously this would depend on if he can get on with the other two rescue dogs & 4.5 cats !

I am actually hoping that if he likes us & vice versa he could stay for good but my other half  is currently sticking to the 2 dogs is enough line .

Please let me know if we can help

Many thanks

Gill & Neil at La Paloma

I love you Gill!   [:D]   Thank you so much for your kind offer as I know he would be more than fine with you, having one of our dogs for about three years now.  I have just called the person and he is still there.

Lucky you posted here as for some reason I don't always get notifications of my pm s and hadn't seen it.

I'll try to call you.

Good news, today Indy ( the little griffon type ) has been rehomed to a lovely family in dept 86 where he will have a great life with lots of space, children & another dog to have fun with. He was lovely whilst he stayed with us & I am sure that he will give his new family lots of pleasure.  A real happy ending for this little lost boy.