Home needed for Mum Cat and 3 Kittens

I need to find a home for a Mum cat and 3 kittens. She moved into my garden and has proceeded to have 3 kittens. I've asked around but it looks like they have been abandoned. The mum a short haired tabby is probably under a year old but is used to humans and will come and sit on your knee and is good natured. The kittens, one black, one tabby and one white and tabby are cute as buttons and just 3 weeks old so can't actually be re homed yet. We've just opened a Chambre D'Hote and I don't stay here all year so its impossible for me to keep them, also when OH comes over permanently our Jack Russell and Airedale will be coming who both have a major aversion to cats! We are just next to Pezenas in the Herault. I'm not too keen to take them to a rescue place as I believe kittens are often just put down, which would be a tragedy as they are so good natured. Hope there's someone out there who can help

[IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/15grandrue/3kittens-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/15grandrue/MumandKittens.jpg[/IMG]

These photos don't seem to want to appear as I'm using Safari, fraid you'll have to cut and paste

Lovely kittens and exactly the same looking mum as the one who adopted me and had her kittens.  I advertised on AI and found homes for all so there is hope, spread the net as far as you can and I'm sure homes will turn up.

They are all adorable!

babbles - just want to say well done for taking them in and doing your very best to re-home them. I wish you the very best of luck.

It is so sad that they were abandoned - like so many others. Our 2 mum cats were found in a taped cardboard box with 10 kittens by the M69 - kittens all found good homes and and mums came to live with us. Bonne chance.

Afraid not, one lady and her husband came, but he wanted a pedigree cat, I can keep them till after the summer holidays if that helps people but they really have to go by September. I tried to advertise on AI but they took it of as they're not micro chipped, its really difficult as I'm trying to establish our business so I don't have loads of time but I'd love to see them go to good homes.

Babbles - have you tried putting notices up (with photos) on the board at your local supermarkets and other stores?  Also local vets often have a board in the waiting room where you can advertise for homes for animals that need them.  They might even know if someone is looking for a cat or kitten (maybe to replace one which has died).  Using this route we had two enquiries for a gorgeous black cat who was dumped over our fence a few years back, although in fact he had already been rehomed by the time the responses came.  Good luck!  I do hope you manage to find them all a new owner.

Val

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...