Poor little Mambo

Looking at the link Mimi gave me is full of horrors also and it has triggered an urge to help one more desperate case - we took on three a couple of years ago who are living the life of Riley here with us now - but how do you choose just one when there are soooo many!  I have decided I would like to help one that stands very little chance at all of finding a happy ending and bless my husband for allowing bearing with me, yet again!

My French isn't brilliant but I assume from the comments that the judgement/punishment meated out wasn't enough?  The plight of this little dog has haunted me for days now and re-ignited my hatred of people who can do such things and more to defenceless animals - there should be much stronger punishments but the majority of society simply doesn't care.  I so hope that little Mambo recovers well enough to have a good life bless him and he's not left too badly scarred.  Burns are incredibly painful (I used to nurse on a burns unit) and leave all sorts of cripplingly painful parts even after healing.  He will never be the same again which ever way you look at it and I hope he gets the protection he will need.  This was one of the reasons I was so keen to adopt him and bring him away from the area where it all happened and give him a new start at a much better life in the lap of animal luxury in the country.  Heaven knows how many others are not brought to our attention and suffer terribly at the hands of vicious humans.  Now the hunting season is in full swing I lie in bed at night and listen to the howls from the caged hunting dogs that drift across the hills -  they are half starved and kept in shocking conditions, but who will ever change it?  I've had my rant, now I will get back in my box and 'subside'....

• 3 weeks later...

Béziers.  They're completely mad down there!  A man was walking his dog Twit on a lead in his estate when another dog came out of his garden and attacked Twit.

The son in law of the owner of the dog which attacked ran in the house, came out with a knife and killed Twit by stabbing him five times.  When Twit's mistress came on the scene she saw her husband still holding the lead with Twit dead on the ground. 

Twit tué de cinq coups de couteau

Oh my, how awful. I have tears in my eyes and I bet the people who did this will get off scott free. Put them in a room with decent animal loving people then we will see just how brave they are.  Surely, they cannot be allowed to do this sort of thing to defenseless dogs, I would have strangled him. No one hurts my animals, I would have gone beserk.

Not people who did this but person, singular and masculine, His wife was appalled and said that she doesnt know the words to say to her neighbours to express her regret and sorrow.

Mind you it loks like you aren't the only one that would have wanted to harm the owner, this person wants the dog as well -

si c'est moi ton chien c'est une cartouche de 12 dans sa gueule le gendre avec sale fils de pute on s'en fout que ytu sois navrée !