Very important question

I have been removed from another Forum for helping a lady with some advice as to how to find a home for a lovely dog she has taken in found wandering in the road.  She can't keep him as she's full to busting with two other dogs, toddlers and has a small house, but bless her, she is looking after him and sheltering him on her terrace (under a table) till such time as someone can give this gorgeous dog a good home, rather than take him to the local dog pound.  She has made him a website and is doing all she can to help him.  Now because this dog is not microchipped or tattooed, the forum in question has wiped her posting and her pictures because it says they are contravening French law by trying to re-home a dog without a microchip or ID - can this be so?  She may not have the money to have him microchipped and she's not able to keep him but she's trying to save him from going to the local SPA.  Can I post his web-page on here?

Have you BEEN to an SPA rescue, Chancer?  Some of them can be pretty awful though they try and you have to give them credit for that - also they are often terrifying to an already stressed animal so why would she not want to spare this nice dog that if she can and is willing to hang on to him for as long as she can - good on her I say! 

Clair thank you for your link - I shall now post Henry's page.

I think I replied to your thread on the other forum, we both have different user names on there. If I am correct and I saw the pix of him, he is a wonderful boy and I am sure if you put some pix on here if you can, it  may help.

Sorry to go off topic, but I do feel very strongly about that forum. The way it works is totally bizarre, and would be funny if it was no so pathetic.

It invokes so-called 'French law' to make it very difficult for people helping homeless animals, and also to prevent recommendations to help others get good medical or veterinary care. Yet anybody with half a brain can see that many of the houses for sale on there are posted by so-called agents working illegally without carte professionelle.

In fact, by openly encouraging the use of English language rather than French, the whole site is arguably illegal in France under the loi Toubon.

Don't be sorry Will, it's good to hear others who are critical of that forum and I for one have been very unimpressed and downright angry, which is why I created a stir yesterday and found I was in good company!  The best thing it has done for me has been to introduce some really good people to me who have now become firm friends but I have kind of blotted my copybook there now and they scrutinise my every post I suspect - had one removed this morning regarding Henry again!  Someone asked if he had found a home and I replied that I didn't think so and were they interested!  Both our posts were removed - how sad is that!!  However, I have posted Henry's pictures on here under Pets and other folks from AngloInfo fraca yesterday have posted him on other forums also, so we must keep our fingers crossed for him!  One idiot person this morning (also on AInfo) suggested the lady call the Chasse and get them to come and get him.......!!!!! Unbelievable!  I have found people on here far more friendly and more informed and I am now going to promote this forum on the AngloInfo site as often as I can.  Also, another lady I bumped into on AngloInfo is putting together a Forum/website specifically for the Aveyron area (12) as we are so poorly represented on AF - I shall promote that also at every given opportunity!  I shall also make sure we give plenty of coverage to unwanted animals, rehoming advice and links and lots of chance for people to put up pictures and do things to help the rescue places that struggle to do such great work.  They should do a 'Animals in Need' programme on the TV - we should see if we can get dear old Terry Wogan to stick his paw in for us........ heard he has a house in the Aveyron..!!  think what you could do with 23 million...!!!  Hey don;t get me wrong, I don't begrudge the children, no way......they are as innocent and defenceless as the animals we try to help.  I'll get off my soap box now.  Have a good day everyone and if you hear of anyone who might do the right thing by Henry, then go and look at the Pets section.... under I Need a Nice Home - thank you.

Well done for sticking to your guns against the lot at ** alleycat!!  [:P]   Their mods have some pretty weird criteria for removing postings whereby something worthwhile such as yours gets removed, yet some bigoted old twaddle remains on show for whatever reason they chose to abide by.   

As to SPA, we got our Charley from SPA in Cloyes sur Loire which was a wonderful place.  It was virtually new thanks to the Bardot Foundation and the staff were kind and gentle to all their charges - alas they are'nt all the same yet - however if the lady in question is willing to keep the dog until she can find him a family, well all credit to her.    I wish Henry all the best in his search for a family to call his own