horse protection association in perpignan area?

Hi,does anybody know if there are any associations in perpignan area (apart from the spa?) there is a horse in a field next to my 2 who is not being treated very well , feet have not been looked at for a very long time, today he was cornered off in a small part of the field with no water or shade, I gave him a bucket of water and untied the wire that was keeping him there so he could get some shade( it can't be far from 28 degrees today). I have already done this once before when it was chucking it down with rain and 90 km/h winds. the other horse who was with him didn't survive the winter! he was old but not looked after properly either. My hands are tied as apparently the owner is a bit weird and I can't risk anything happening to mine. so would like to know if there is anybody I can contact so they can investigate and maybe have a word with him and not involve me in it. He does not know that it is me letting the horse out of his "prison". If anybody can help?

Was told by one of the other owners that when the other horse was really ill he phoned her vet to ask how much it would cost to have him put down then told her that he would think about it and apparently rang round to see if he could get it any cheaper, the poor horse suffered all day long until he finally decided which one to use. There are only 2 vets that deal with horses here so he didn't have much of a choice!! The vet is aware of the condition of the other horse but not sure what she can or will do about it.I will carry on giving it a few extras and checking he has water, somebody has given him some hay today,

Lisa I did something similar to you - letting the horse free to find some respite shade and giving water and extras, mainly really early in the mornings or at night so as not to be seen.  I struggled with trying to persuade a local vet to help and in the end went to the Gendarmes and threatened with the local press too!  I was very lucky - they sorted the owner out and then asked if I was prepared to take the horse away which I did - I didn't have any horses or land at the time (this was years ago down in Provence) but I was able to get her to a temporary rescue place where I looked after her each day till she was strong enough to travel (she was hugely emaciated and weak) and then paid for her to be sent to a permanent rest home in the Loire Valley.  Try the Gendarmes anonymously explaining why you don't want to leave your name in case this weirdo pesters you.  They might be able to help.  It's a horrid thing to stand by and have to watch I know - the other thing would be to let him out one night.............spirit him away..... oooow maybe I shouldn;t have said that!

yes I was thinking of going to the spa or something. I've been renting these fields for a year and a half now and have never actually seen the owner of this horse. It did cross my mind to ask him if he didn't want the horse anymore then to give it too me and I could try and find a good home for him, Gave him some hay today and fresh water , hope fully I'll beable to do something to help him

Sounds like a plan for the time being - to keep the poor thing going till you can maybe track down the owner - perhaps one of your neighbours knows who he is?  Ask at your local Mairie?  Or more likely, the person whom you rent your fields off - they usually know who's land borders maybe?  Your kindness will get him through in this hot weather at least especially if he has some shade.  Good luck and hopefully someone will come up with some answers for you.