SOS for two Labradoodles

I call them Labradoodles as they are a Poodle/Labrador cross.  This is really a last minute plea in the hope of finding help for them as we don't even know if they will be kept a day more.

Unfortunately there is no photo of these two lovely ten year old brothers whose owner died.  They have to leave the flat where they have been on their own.

We were hoping a good refuge in Brittany could take them, but they say they have no more room, but would cover them if someone could foster them.  They are near Lyon, but the foster family could be anywhere, just as long as they have somewhere to go.

This is a severely urgent case.  We need somewhere for them to go immediately, then we could have photos and the time to find them a permanent home.

Thank you Gay and Merlin.

Merlin, unfortunately your person cannot take the two dogs.

So still looking urgently for someone to take them temporarily.

They are both chipped and vaccinated, weigh about ten to fifteen kilos, fine with other dogs, cats and children.  Have been very much loved and used to living in a flat, very well behaved.  Must stay together.

Oh that's a shame - but I know that two together might have been a problem for her unless it was just short term and she knew they had a home to go to.  That was the deal with the two terriers, otherwise she's always happy to take one at a time.  I know they need to stay together but maybe in the short term they could be split just to get them somewhere safe?  I will search my contacts to see if there is anyone else who might help out - how big are they?

I received this email a couple of days ago when I was desperate for the two cocker spaniels - she sounds really lovely - I will pm you her number........

Hi I'm Erika who spoke to you earlier.

My Phone number is ********  I have a mini schnauzer and a puppy border terrier and 2 cats. I am willing to foster. My address is Le Patis

St Germain De Longue Chaume which is in 79. 12 k from Parthenay going west.

Kind Regards Erika (Rick)

The other contact I have is also willing to foster these two..........she is in the Tarn - five hours from Lyon but is happy to make half the journey to collect them and will keep them for as long as it takes.  Let me know what you think Christine.

They arrived at Erika's tonight after an eight hour journey thanks to a fellow Deux-Sèvres rescuer's kind sister who brought them as she was coming for Christmas from Lyon.

They were very well behaved all the way and are seven years old, not ten.  Will update on them soon.

A big thank you to Merlin for her help on this one and I think she is saving another dog via the other foster offer in the Tarn!

That's good news!  I can also verify that my friend Nicola in the Tarn is going to foster Muppet too!  Double good news.  However Muppet has a companion who also needs to be fostered and so Nicola is trying to contact someone else to help on that score..........would be lovely to get him away also.  I have one more possible contact but she's a long way from the dog in question and can't do it till after Christmas......... but it's not to be dismissed.  We have to find some good homes for these two asap so we can free up the foster 'mums' so they can take some more......!!!  More foster mums please - you make such a difference and buy vital live saving time for these dogs whilst homes can be found..... thank you!