Wobbly doggy again!

I am so glad that I have not had one pet so far that has been bothered about thunder or fireworks. Good job as we had lots of thunder storms in France.

Me, I'd make a shake down bed on the floor and sleep on the floor, giving a pet plenty of room. ie I'd get all my duvets and blankets out and sleep on them, I have done this when our cat was ill. And I've certainly made a shake down bed on my kids bedroom floor when they were ill.

Good luck, and I hope that the storms, if they come, are over quickly.

It obviously depends on the severity of the fear but in general, the more you react to the sound and their distress (by giving them affection and attention) the more you are convincing them that there's something to be reacting to. Our last dog (a re-home) was terrified of thunder but eventually after a couple of years, as we totally ignored the sound and him, his fear became much more manageable.

If there was a storm during the night he would come and open our bedroom door and on those occasions only he was allowed to lie down by the bed. He'd then go to sleep.

Hi, I don't know if it will help or if it savailable in France, but  when we lived in the UK, we  had two very scared dogs when it came to thunder and fireworks etc. The vets in bighty sold us a 'plug in' product that gave off the same pheramones that a lactating dog produces when feeding her pups.  It was said to give a 'calming' effect and for our two, it worked.  Might be worth a vsit to the vet or check on line, saves all the distress and panting of the dog. hope it helps!