Golden Retrievers

Choochoo

Hi everybody

We would love to get a Golden Retriever but as we move over to France in May thought we would wait till then.
Does anybody know if I will be able to get one in France ?
Or maybe it is best to buy a puppy in the UK and export it.
Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

John & Sue

Hi ChooChoo

We had considered getting a second retriever puppy when we had moved out here, but as the breeder in England pointed out, we would have to wait until the puppy was 12 weeks old before we would be allowed to export it, whereas it is normal to take the puppy at 8 weeks.

By coincidence, and unknown to us, the brother of our first retriever was brought to France by English breeders, and so we now have one of his puppies. He came from Bourges in central France, which was a five hour journey for us to collect him, but he is the most gentle, affectionate retriever you could imagine. (we won't mention the broken butter dish last night, and the missing 1/2 lb of butter!) If you would like more details, send me an e-mail.

Regards

Confirmed retriever fan
Judy

Hi,

I have a friend in 87, north Limousin who breeds Golden Retrievers. She is English and has 6 of them as pets. They are all house dogs and the litters are treated the same as the rest, lots of love and attention.

She does not really breed for commercial purposes and only has one or two litter a years so I am not sure when they will be ready.

Its best to contact her direct - [email protected]

They are all really gorgeous dogs.

Tony