need package of phone line and broadband

We will be moving/retiring  to near Fougeres dept. 35 (Brittany) in a couple of weeks and will need to get a new phone line installed.....presumably only france telecom do this ? ( there is an  old, unused phone point in  another building on site)

Recommendations of companies offering line rental and broadband , with an idea of price/how to contact, etc. would be much appreciated.

We require cheap calls to u.k. and  broadband ( for emails and surfing the net.....NOT for downloading music or films)

Do all packages come with wi-fi  connection ,as we have ipad we wish to use as well?

A very brief chat with France Telecom says our nearest neighbours can only get 2 mb......so, we may be better off  via  satellite........

but how do we find out what`s best for us ?

We will be relying on a Leclerc  pay-as you-go mobile and U.K. mobiles until we are up and running

Would also be nice to hear from any Brits living in the area.

It is not only Orange (FT) who install a new line.

I have Free, and they also do this so I imagine some of the other operators do too.

see here:

http://adslcgi.free.fr/subscribe/NDI0_indexnewline.html

I have the triple-play option (Phone/Internet/TV) but that depends on your connection.

You could try entering the number of a neighbour or the Mairie on a site such as

http://adslcgi.free.fr/subscribe/00_choose_offre.pl

If you decide to go via satellite there was a recent thread about twoway.

http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/2868354/ShowPost.aspx

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not thanking you earlier,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,in the meantime we have moved to France and purchased a bolthole in the Rhondda!  ( Not many people got a holiday home in the Rhondda !...... but the price of £ 38000 DID have something to do with its appeal !!)

Thanks for your answer but I was surprised it was the only reply!

We now have a solution which  all  French and English neighbours say is the best deal around.

It is for Livebox,,,,with Orange (france telecom) at a total monthly cost of 36.95 euros which includes ALL calls within France , and 100 other countries to fixed lines ; all calls to french mobiles; internet connection.

There is NO monthly line rental as ALL calls are via the internet.

Sounds too good ?

Time will tell when we see our first bill.

We arranged it via the local Orange shop in our nearest town and 10 days after the visit we had a new line installed and were up and running !!

Thanks again Normanh

You are probably safest off with Orange if you are out in the country.

My Free deal is very similar, and I can have a free 2 hour a month mobile account too  (2€, but 2€ off for being an internet client = 0€), but there are several around now. As I said many people in the country prefer to sick with Orange.