I've paid 2123 for six cat pipettes and 1981 for three 20-40kg dog pipettes from my vet today... what do you pay?
The subject often comes up but I don't think we've ever had a thread on it, I sometimes buy it in pharmacies and co-ops but have never been organised enough to be sure which is cheaper.
I'm grateful to the forum for pointing out that fleas may be controlled by giving it as rarely as every three months or even less, my pets haven't had any for months and are still clear.
My border collie dislikes it intensely and I know people who say theirs' died as a result of being given it; it seems to be without ill effects for mine but I try to keep it to a minimum. He and I both react badly to commercial preparations of pyrethrumor permethrin which in principle is the least toxic product for dogs although highly toxic for cats. I have read that it will be the carriers not the permethrin that we react to but that's no consolation!
Frontline is definitely the safest product - ie the least toxic - for cats.

Pucette

If my experience is anything to go by, you may have got a bargain.

We have a Jack russell and a collie-retriever cross, so we need to buy two different sizes. In May, we paid 18.74 euros for the 2-10kg pack and 26.16 euros for the 20-40kg pack - 3 pipettes in each. This was from a vet in Orne.

If anyone knows where I can get cheaper supplies, I'd be very grateful for the details. We don't want to use a different vet but we'd like to try and save a few shekels if we can.

Thanks

Stuart

LAST EDITED ON 27-Jul-04 AT 12:53 PM (BST)

I usually get mine over the internet - from www.zubial.fr , I guess it's swings and roundabouts - some sizes are cheaper and some dearer - but for our dog for Frontline Combo they seem to be around the cheapest.
Su