Can I take Bridget the hamster.......

Sprockett

I have no idea about Bridget but my student niece brought a fish (exotic type) back from the States by air! It certainly was not declared to anyone and somehow it didn't have to pass through the Xray machines!

Somehow I picture Bridget carefully packed in a small cardboard box with some straw .....................and no questions asked

Gill

We came over with cats and guinea pigs.  The cats needed passports because they can roam.  The guinea pigs just needed a letter of health from our vet because they are caged animals.  We had to visit the vet and pick up this paperwork just before we left.  We had no problems.

We came over 18 months ago with 3 gerbils, which are pretty much on a par with hamsters, I would have thought. We were told that we needed a health certificate for each of them, which, with the consultation was going to cost over £100 !! Ended up paying about £30, and the gerbils travelled over in a cage on the back seat of the car. Neither they , nor the 2 dogs were even glanced at at anytime during our trip, nor was the paperwork checked.

Regards

Chris

That maybe a bit tricky as she is VERY proud of being called after Bridget Jones. However I am sure in time she may come around. BUT I could change mine to sprockette 

I have confirmed everyones comments now, so thanks everyone, with pet passport people (they laughed at me a bit, cause she is a hamster) and brittany ferries dont even want a 'health check' certificate now.

We are just excited now