were can I buy a peacock please?

I used to have one (actually wild, but had lived at my house for many years as the previous owner and I had both been feeding it). Are you really sure you want one ? If you have had one before ignore the rest as you will know more about them than me. They can get very noisy at certain times or year, tend to like flying onto the roof and removing roof tiles. Very pretty when they do their “fan thing” but there are negatives.

They are not uncommon (round me anyway). May sound silly but just ask around and some locals will probably know somebody who knows somebody, etc.

Ian

All I can say is that if you are going to have a peacock I thank God you are not any where near me!

I once lived near to peacocks and their incessant screeching at 4 am almost had me suicidal, not to mention their huge turds everywhere.

Thanks guys the peacock was a trade off with the missus who went to monkeyworld and thought they were great however after reading your replys I will have to find a different deal in order for me to convert the garage into a workshop

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]I agree, think again they are one of the noisiest ornemental birds, OK if you have no neighbours. Suggest you have pheasants, or geese, they act as good guard dogs.[/quote]

Well the Peacock is basically a Pheasant, and like all Pheasants is pretty noisy...