Burial/cremaiton for dog

Callandclan

We have reached the point where your beloved dog needs to be put to sleep.  Does anyone know of an company in France that can provide cremation services.  I'd like to scatter his ashes.  If this is not possible we will bury him in the field, but we would like cremation if possible.

I hope some of you can help.

Regards

Jan

Sorry to hear about your dog, we had to have one of ours put to sleep last year, our vet was very helpful and arranged for his remains to be collected, cremated and his ashes sent to us in a decorative container. ( cost just over 100 euros)

We live in dept 86, but i am sure if you speak to your vet he will know of someone who provides this service.

regards to you all.

Chris

After a very quick look, Cimetiere animeaux... prob not totally correct, but look in normal phone book under your area, as opposed to .. yellow pages..

Probably someone else will jump in and correct me hopefully, if not I will have a proper look and let you know.

Sharon                      

Sorry to hear about your dog - we are getting to this point with one of our old greyhounds so we have researched this subject as we also prefer cremation. 

We spoke to our vet, who says that cremation is not a common practice for pet dogs in France and is therefore expensive. he says between 100 - 200 euros, depending on breed. All vets should have a list of places providing "incinération pour animaux".