can the chicken cross the channel?

roxy

Hi - I have recently received 11 pages of 'stuff' from Defra about exporting my hen to France. Leaving her behind is not an option but I cannot make head or tail of the infiormation. Has anyone any recent experience of moving pet poultry please, as it looks terribly difficult. 

[quote user="roxy"] Leaving her behind is not an option but I cannot make head or tail of the information. ... as it looks terribly difficult. [/quote]

Just a thought but perhaps you have been sent the 'business' details concerning the exporting of poultry and not the 'domestic' details you need? 

As Nicos suggests I would ring Defra - they helped me with some queries re bringing over our 4 cats. 

Sue

Edit: I forgot about bird-flu so perhaps with the occurrence or reoccurrence of bird-flu in the UK then what you have received is the correct documentation. If I were you I would definitely ring Defra.

Zut alors! coq-au-vin - I don't know why I didn't think of that. I could also tie her to the railway track or throw her under a passing truck, silly me. 

Anyway, thanks for the advice, I may have got the wrong papers sent to me, I didn't think of that so I shall ring DEFRA, sometimes a second person throws up a new idea. Thanks.