Pet Sitter needed in Southern Dordogne.

WJT

We need a pet sitter that will take our dog into their home for around September 2nd just for a few days in Southern Dordogne. Since the loss of his companion we could never put him into kennels alone. I know it is a long way off but need to make plans in advance. He is a small nine year old Maltese.  Ideally someone that lives between Sarlat and Bergerac airport.

Any recommendations at all would be most appreciative. I am also looking for the same here in the UK in a few months time. Already very worried. [:(]

Hi there. We live in Belves, right smack between Sarlat and Bergerac. We aren't scheduled to be home on Sept 2nd (I think we return Sept 7th) but my other half is trying to get extra time off about then. We also have some dog loveing friends we might be able to ask.

[quote user="f1steveuk"]Hi there. We live in Belves, right smack between Sarlat and Bergerac. We aren't scheduled to be home on Sept 2nd (I think we return Sept 7th) but my other half is trying to get extra time off about then. We also have some dog loveing friends we might be able to ask.
[/quote]

Hi, thank you for the response, shame you aren't there at that time. Unfortunately, we have a wedding we must go to and we would need to drop him off on Friday, August 31st and pick him up on Monday, September 3rd. It is a one off in France at the moment but we would be needing the service from time to time regularly once we move to France permanently.

In regards to your friends, my only worry would be leaving him with a family that aren't experienced with pet sitting and that perhaps didn't have a secure home and garden for a small dog. He can be a little rascal at times and I would worry that perhaps he may try to escape or something to find his way home if he gets upset.

We have never used a pet sitting service before because we have always been happy with the kennels we have used in the UK when we had both of our dogs stay together. We always knew that they were in a very secure environment but I couldn't do that to him now that he is on his own either in France or here in the UK. So if your friends have experience with this and are interested, I would very much like to speak to them, otherwise I guess I will have to keep looking. You are right, where you are located is perfect by the way (as well as very pretty [:)]) but it is not a problem to travel for the right situation. Thank you very much again. 

We travel back and forward still (three weeks here, three there) and our dog travels with us. As soon as I know if we will be home any earlier, I will let you know, but keep looking just incase!

Our friends have four dogs at present, and have a habit of rescuing dogs all the time. They have an inside, and outside kennel, and are there full time, but run a gite complex, which isn't gated.

I'll give this a bit more thought and get back to you!