Whare do you leave your pet?

Frenchie

Yes, where do you leave your pet when you go to the UK ?

I've left him in different kennels in my area, but >I'm not satisfied with it 100%.

Shadow, as a X lab, is such a loving dog he must be unhappy not to get cuddles, being left in a sort of " big cage" all week long except for the odd outing..

Have you found alternative solutions?

Do you " exchange " pet sitting?  any other solutions ? 

Hello Frenchie

I left my two in a combination of kennels and home sit, the owner takes in a very limited number of dogs and has them to all intents and purposes in her house, my old dog is usually a wreck whne he comes home from kennels but this year he bounded out having spent a blissful week playing with the owners dogs and sleeping in a pack situation in the owners huge lounge.

It's a risky strategy if your dog is not sociable and mine is borderline (not aggressive but nervy) but worth it for me, it costs more (13 euros per day)  but I would be happy to leave him there again.  The one I used was in the 16.

Panda

I haven't (yet) used one here, but in the UK I always used a pet sitter who would stay in my home with the dogs.  The dearest, but definitely the best solution, all their surroundings and routines stay pretty much the same.  Although I missed them, I didn't have to worry that they were stressed or being mal-treated.  It also meant that my neighbours knew what was going on too, so when one of them didn't stay at the house as much as she was supposed to, my neighbours told me and I never used her again.  Anyway, my deerhound is such a wuss that to put him in kennels would guarantee vets bills on my return, so it was probably still cheaper to get the pet-sitter in.