Speed of our CU !!

Fionah

Just wondered about others experiences with CU's....  We applied for ours on the 1 December fully expecting it to take at least 2 months - as we had been told by both the architects and notaire.  Two weeks later the architects rang to say it was through!  Which of course is good news but we thought these things always had to go first to the Mairie and then to the DDE.  Apparently not we've been told.  The Mairie can just go ahead and approve it!  Has anyone else had this kind of experience?  Of course for us it means that we can bring forward our purchase by a month - let's just hope the builders feel the same way!

Fiona

Nothing usually happens that quick. This is France after all. Ours took 4 months ! I, like you, thought all CdU applications HAD to go to the DDE. Strange, but if you have a positif legal CU good luck

P.S. Don't bet on the builders being that fast

Tony

[quote]Nothing usually happens that quick. This is France after all. Ours took 4 months ! I, like you, thought all CdU applications HAD to go to the DDE. Strange, but if you have a positif legal CU good luck...[/quote]

Almost. CdeU applications must go through the DDE if the DDE needs to be involved. (such as being within 500M of a building of historic interest). Otherwise the Maire can (and will!) sign off the CdeU. It's a demarcation and power thing, I suspect.