int'l schools boarding?

Kali3

Does anyone know if there are any good international schools (UK curriculum) or French schools with an international section that have half termly boarding, preferably in the southwest? We are moving with a boy of 13 and it would be nice to know there is a fall-back position if French school proves too much for him. We're in the extreme southwest and I don't think he can get to Bordeaux or Toulouse for weekly boarding. The alternative would be boarding school in the UK but that's probably beyond our reach financially... We don't want to derail his education. TIA

If you do find that you need to go down the road of  UK boarding schools, you could check out the state run boarding school option. You can find information at www.sbsa.org.uk  The fees are more reasonable as you are only paying for the boarding element and they are generally excellent schools (including some grammar schools).

Kali we too are in the deep southwest where the non-french are not accepted as readily as in other parts of France. Those in other parts of France will wonder 'why' but, just take my word for it. However, try and get him to stick it out in a French school, he is only 13, same age as my son, it wont be a breeze but Im sure he will be ok. It was a very rough road for my son for a year but he's doing fine now. It will be a good lesson in life for him. I couldnt send a kid away to boarding school...France is for families!.

• 2 weeks later...

hi kali,

try saint denis in loches he will have to board, its not mega expensive, i guarantee he will be fluent within a year if he is ready to work.  its a great school not international but european language school, my daughter has just finished a year their great results, but due to our circumstances she had to leave to go to the local school, but her french is really very good now.  hope this helps.

ps their maybe a waiting list for internes[:D]