Date of return to School for the 4 day week primary schools?

Panda

Hello

Any one know the date the 4 day week primary schools go back.  I know, I know I can ask at the mairie but most of the time it's closed and I want to know today if poss!  I know also that I'm a bad mother as I should have asked before the break but hey ho..

Panda

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

From September this year ALL schools will be open just 4 days a week.  September 2nd is first day back here in the Tarn.

http://www.lepoint.fr/actualites-politique/semaine-de-quatre-jours-dans-toutes-les-ecoles-a-la-rentree-2008/917/0/202986

[/quote]

Really, wow thanks I didn't know that as the school here is already 4 days.  Last year the 4 day weekers went back on something like the 26th August to make up for the .5 day week less.  That is great news as I can now extend my holiday!

Thanks

Here in Burgundy our grandchildren go back 2 September. I do know for some holidays different regions have different dates. French friends have told me that this is so it staggers the holidays across the country. But that is only what friends have said.

If my daughter is unsure about things she asks other mums. They are always happy to share information and the village nounou always comes up trumps!

It is the 2 September here in Brittany. French calendars have the school holidays on them and the dates for different regions.

Our Primary School children will have an extra two hours a week after the normal school times which will give them an extra 12 days off and fit in with the summer holidays of the College and Lycee children. It is proposed that they use that time to do homework, a great help to me as homework is often accompanied by whining and complaining. Apart from testing my limited French.