Grants for Renovations

Does anyone know if you can get a grant to renovate a derelict property on your land. 

I would hazard a guess that the answer if no because if it was yes, then we'd all be doing it.  However, my sister told me that the she watching a TV programme 'House-trapped in France' and they said that if you have a B&B business and wish to renovate an old property, you could get a grant for part of the cost of renovation.

Does anyone know anything about it????????????!!!!!!!!

Admin note - this message was originally attempted to be placed originally in FAQs forum which are read-only, so has been moved here where there is more chance of a positive response.

Hi

There are a huge number of grants available. It depends on region, departement, commune, classification (historic interest etc), circumstances (flood etc ?), what you intend to do with the building (residence, holiday rent, long term rent, create new dwelling etc).

And all have a huge number of restrictions !

This depends exactly where you live, what your intentions are and who (EU, State, Region, Departement, Commune, Tourist authority, etc ) are offering the grant.

I discovered that the grants (subventions) available to me were in fact not in my long term interest. You can mail me at [email protected] for more specific details.

I think it is best to talk to the local Mairie and estate agents to get better info. Of course, it is published in legal announcements, but I don't know where to find a summary by, say, postcode. There is a French website who offers this info, but you have to pay for the results of the search. My search claimed to have 54 different grants available.

Bonne chance

Peter

you can claim tax allowance on double glazing and insulation.Read impot information'

this is offered in all areas of france-you can claim 15% of bills before t.v.a.-but this is for work done by a company.I do not know if you can claim it if you do the work.

An interesting 'green' grant is for solar panelling for your energy supply.

Until the end of 2004 EDF/GDF & the govt. were offering interest free loans.  This has now been changed to a 40% reduction in impots.  If you have a large house or use a lot of hot water, it is the ideal energy solution although a little pricey to install initially but the long term benefits are worth it.

[quote]An interesting 'green' grant is for solar panelling for your energy supply. Until the end of 2004 EDF/GDF & the govt. were offering interest free loans. This has now been changed to a 40% reduct...[/quote]

Can you please add a link to this information re solar panels. We are interested in installing them.

Many thanks

Here are a couple I've seen.

Guide to ECS Solaire (ECS = Eau Chaude Sanitaire)

http://www.ademe.fr/particuliers/Fiches/cesi/index.htm

Reduction in impots

http://www.ademe.fr/htdocs/presentation/aidefinanciere/plansoleil/cesi.htm#CESI