Changes to holidays this year - school calendar for school year 2013-14 onwards ?

Debra

I notice that the proposed changes to the Autumn

school holiday have been made and that it is now going to be from

27/10/12 to 11/11/12 inclusive, returning to school on Monday 12th

November. The extra days are being taken back by making the kids work

on either 3 April or 22 May 2013 (decided locally) or on both days if

they're in college and work Wednesday mornings anyway and by taking two

days off the summer holiday, meaning that it starts 6 July instead of 4

July.

http://www.education.gouv.fr/pid25058/l ... artment=51

What

I can't find out is whether these changes will continue every year or

if the school calendar for school year 2013-14 onwards is still being

debated? If it is - does anyone know when a decision is to be made? If

it's already been decided - can someone point me in the right direction

to find the new calendar??

Even if they say that these changes will be for next year too, they can still change things. All I can suggest is that you keep an eye on it and later in the term have a look at the nationale education web site again and see what it says for next year.

I saw many many changes, school on Wed morn or Sat morn, then the four day week. At one point there was something like 6 weeks on two off and frankly it worked quite well and as it was planned for, the kids were not exhausted at the end of each term. But, didn't suit those with power and it changed yet again.

Frankly, these are just petits pepins and just about the easiest things to deal with in french education, but that is just me. [blink]

I can do that Idun but it's just that I need to know with as much notice as possible so I can pass the info onto my ex-husband, who books his holidays/contact visits with his sons for the year ahead by the end of January each year.  This year's changes won't affect him but it will if it continues into next year.  I don't want to mention the changes until it looks sure that his contact schedule may be affected.

Unfortunately they will do as they please. Are you a member of one of the parent's associations? I found that no matter which school my kids were at, there was usually someone who was well informed about such things.

Also, unless it is the brevet time, then I woudn't hesitate to take my kids out of school for the last few days of summer term, in fact we have on more than one occassion. Always asked if it was OK at the school, but it always was.