Possibly a very stupid question

Penny29

Hi,

Today I had my car CT'd for the first time plus a headlight conversion to French standards (don't ask the price of the Nissan lights, wht with that and the cert of conformity costs I believe I am keeping Nissan in profits singlehandedly). Anyway, then we went and got our first French Insurance and next week we are off to the Impots and Prefecture to start the whole matriculation process. Sigh.

My question is this - when we get our carte gris and are finally in a position to drive the car back to England for short holidays do we have to put stickers on our new (FRENCH) car headlights to deflect them the OTHER way?

Thanks in advance

Penny

Not a stupid question at all. I have never seen beam deflectors or headlight masks designed to operate the other way - not even on the ferries from France. So I just have to dazzle everybody when I take my French car to England, which happens pretty frequently. Nobody has complained yet... (still I do lower the beam to prevent dazzle).

Will (50)

Switch on consutant mode

The only stupid question is the one that you DON'T ask.

BTW in March 2003 fitted gender benders to aged Honda lights for stint in France. Returned to the land of Blair in Aug where Honda passed MoT with benders still fitted and I of course did not remove them as due to leave again (forever) in Oct.

But that's not the way it works here, is it ?

John