Re-registering a UK vehicle - another question

Graham & Brenda

I was delighted to read the recent thread which said that if you have the new 2004 log book then you don't need a certificate of conformity (at least in Creuse). Here in 16 the ladies in the Prefecture in Angouleme and in the sous prefecture in Cognac where quite unimpressed with the new form and said I needed the cert. Angouleme said get it from Renault (I had a quote of 120) and Cognac said go to DRIRE at Nersac. The lady I needed at DRIRE wasn't there but the (helpful) one I saw and left all the forms with again didn't know about the new arrangements.

Does anyone know what the new directive is called or numbered and where I can get a copy or better still view on the net please? I am reluctant to shell out more euros than necessary if there are indeed new rules and regs. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
Just been there tried that...Forget the new V5c. It seems only a standard format, but may make things easier in future.
Try going back to DRIRE and apply for Attestation D'Identification, they will advise you if you need to get a certificate of conformity from the manufacture. Chances are you wont.