LHD headlights needed for Honda Prelude

Mutts

Having difficulty finding LHD headlights at a reasonable price so I'd be interested to know if there are websites which might include LHD headlights giving part numbers etc or if anyone knows of breakers yards??

Any mechanics or garage owners out there?

Linda

While I have no idea where to get lhd headlights for a Honda Prelude, you could try your local Honda Garage. We asked at our local BMW garage for a pair of bmw headlamps, and a friendly mechanic made a few phone calls and found us a pair from somewhere in the east of france, had them posted over and even fitted them for us (in his own time, as BMW garage not allowed to fit second hand parts). Maybe we were just lucky and found a nice guy!

Try Ebay.fr - or even the other Eropean based sites, or if you can get reasonable shipping costs how about Ebay.com - Hondas are big in the US.

We have a 1983 Honda Prelude, its only done 83,000 miles so we were keen to keep it when we came to France.

Like you we started by changing the headlights to lhd, ordered these at the Honda dealers in nearby Perigueux.

price....200 euro's each

grand total 440 euro's inc tax etc.

but to be fair, whilst in the UK i had cause to replace the rear cluster lights and they were £140 each at a honda dealer.

I was lucky to find two at a breakers yard for £20 each.

And speaking as the owner of a car you don't see very often, at least not the 83 model......imagine our surprise when we found out one of our french neighbours has one!! same model etc

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. We're no closer finding our headlights but would be very interested in knowing about possible second hand sources or breakers yards. We're driving the car to France soon, so any further information could be very useful.

Many thanks

We have lived here in N Lot for 16 months and in that time have seen fewer than 10 Honda cars - 1 Prelude, 1 Accord saloon, 1 Accord Aerodeck and the rest Civics of various sorts. I noticed them because for a time I considered re-registering our own A Aerodeck but expensive noises from front NS put an end to that dream and a garage friend took the beast back to England .

Good luck with yr breaker hunting but you may have to swallow deeply and buy new.

John

not

[quote]We have lived here in N Lot for 16 months and in that time have seen fewer than 10 Honda cars - 1 Prelude, 1 Accord saloon, 1 Accord Aerodeck and the rest Civics of various sorts. I noticed them becau...[/quote]

If the price for new was reasonable, I'd have no problem but the same garage in Perigueux where Grays got his 1983 headlights for 200 euros each have quoted us 374.44 each headlight, before tax, plus extra for fitting. Total bill is over 1000 euros.

The cost of buying the whole car wasn't much more than that!

We've checked out the US option, but the JDM lights which seem to be the only alternative to Honda, won't meet the requirements of the CT.

Linda