Advice on a good popular diesel car (not a dorky one)

Remember too, the Herr Diesel threw himself off a ferry (Brittany was it, surely not), presumeably becuase he realised what a monster he had created.

Biofuel - yeah good one! Someone will suggest that cars can run on electricity next! Ah they do - they are called trains. Funny how they used to be diesel powered.

[quote]Hi again Yes Merlot its a speciality, not to many vingobles have the backbone to serve a straight merlot in this country.. Mostly tinker with it by adding Cabernet. Have you had any straight shiraz f...[/quote]

Things we'll miss about Oz:

Lynda will miss her kids. I'll miss the warm weather. Miss the easiness of driving out here. Won't miss the lack of road density or my Kia. Definitely won't miss the colour brown!!! Looking forward to seeing green grass again. Australia can be quite boring to drive in due to the sameness of landscape and lack of alternative routes.

Won't miss the Americanism that is taking over Australia. Think the French dislike the Americans which suits me fine. Won't miss Neighbours or the fact the Aussies think football is rugby. Will miss being part of a country that is good at sport, not sure how good France is although they have done really well in football in the past 6 years.

I am nervous about the cold weather in winter in France, but am really looking forward to seeing Lynda's face when she wakes up one morning to find everythings covered in snow. She's never seen snow apart from 5 minutes up Mt Pilates on hols in Switzerland 5 years ago.

I am really looking forward to buying my new car in France and I am really looking forward to not working for a couple of years.

Having said that if we moved away from France in the future, moving back to England would be a no no - be like a big step backwards for me.